|Ender Dragon Boss|
The Ender Dragon Boss is a boss mob that spawns naturally in the End Dimension. It is one of the two boss mobs in Minecraft, the other being is the Wither Boss.
The Ender Dragon attacks the player with its mouth. Its mouth can damage the player and can also destroy blocks, except for obsidian, end stone, and bedrock. It can also kill every mob, even the Wither.
- After 1.9 Update, the dragon will shoot a purple particle towards the player called "Dragon Breath". It will damage and knockback the player. After shooting the breath, it will start attacking the player.
- The Ender Dragon's charge attack will knockback the player.
- Sometimes, the Ender Dragon will return to the center of the island to shoot dragon's breath again.
- It will defend the Obsidian pillars more.
The player can defend itself with the following items:
- Diamond Armor is required to fight the Ender Dragon, as it has the biggest strength from all mobs (15 at non-armed players).
- A Pumpkin can be useful too, as the player can wear them and avoid endermen. However, the player will not be able to see well after wearing it.
- Ender Pearls can be used to teleport the player when the Ender Dragon attacks, so itself won't get damaged.
- A Glass Bottle can be very useful too, as when the dragon shoots Ender Dragon's breathe, the player can right-click and trap the breath into the bottle. With this way the player won't get hurt from the breath at all.
The Ender Dragon has the second highest health in minecraft (200 health points), making them very hard to fight. The player must have:
- The player must have a Bow, as it is the best way to fight the Ender Dragon.
- A sword doesn't help a lot to kill the ender dragon. However, it can be used to kill Endermen and Shulkers that are on the ground.
- It is also recommended for the player to have its sword, armor, Bow enchanted, before going to the end. Enchanted armor/sword/Bow will damage more the Ender Dragon.
Food and Potions
- The player should have food with themself, as the Hunger Bar should be full, when fighting the Ender Dragon. Potions like Regeneration, Strength, Instant Health/Damage etc, can be useful too.
Snowballs, Eggs and Fishing Rods can damage the Ender Dragon too. However, they will not be useful after 1.9, as they will not damage the Ender Dragon anymore.
The Ender Dragon has the second highest health (200 health points), the best attack strength (15 at non-armed players) and it can fly. They will also regenerate health from Obsidian pillars, making them one of the most dangerous and hard mobs to fight.
Obsidian pillars spawn naturally in the End dimension. They can be used to heal the Ender Dragon, once damaged. They are Obsidian towers that have a Bedrock block at the top. At the top of the Bedrock an Ender Crystal spawns, which heals the Ender Dragon. This can be easily destroyed by hand. However, in Survival the easiest way to destroy an Ender Crystal, is with a Bow. Once all the Ender Crystals are destroyed, the Ender Dragon will not regenerate health anymore, making it easier to kill.
After Killing The Dragon
Once the dragon gets killed it will start "melting" and make an explosion once completely destroyed. After 1.9, the ender dragon, once almost killed, it will return at the center of the island and once killed, it will start its death animation. The player must kill the ender dragon, so he/she can return back to the Overworld or else he/she will be trapped at the end untill he/she kills the dragon or die.
The ender dragon can be respawned if the player places end crystals on each side of the exit portal. This will also respawn the end crystals that are on top of the pillars. The revived ender dragon will drop less XP and will not drop a dragon egg. The end crystals that you place will explode after the ender dragon is revived. (1.9+).
The Ender Dragon Boss when killed, it drops 500 experience points that are enough to reach level 70. At the top of the portal that teleports the player back to the Overworld, a dragon's egg spawns, but will not respawn the ender dragon.
- It can be damaged from Snow Golems, but it will not anymore after 1.9.
- On console edition, at the two tallest Obsidian pillars, they spawn Iron Bars too. Iron bars are gonna be spawned in PC, in 1.9.
- 1.9 added many new feautures at the Ender Dragon.
- Notch was confirmed the ender dragon is a female and her name is Jean.