A skeleton horse
Skeleton Horses (or Skeletal Horses) are mobs that were first added to PC in 1.6. They are passive mobs that can be ridden only by one way (below).
Skeleton horses do not have a flesh, but are covered with bones in all their body.
Skeleton Traps are a kind of a trap for the player. Here's how it works:
- While raining, a skeleton horse will spawn, doing nothing but just walking around.
- If the player approaches it, automatically a skeleton will spawn riding the horse.
- 3 other skeleton horses and skeletons riding them will spawn too and will attack the player.
- The skeleton horses will not attack, only the skeletons with their bows.
- The skeletons will wear an enchanted iron helmet and will hold an enchanted bow too.
A skeleton horse can be tamed by killing the skeleton that is riding the horse. Then, the player will be able to tame it. A saddle is required, too.
Skeleton horses will drop one bone when killed.
- Skeleton horses can be obtained by the /summon command
- In 1.10 snapshots, skeleton horse spawn eggs were added, but were removed in the full update.
- Only skeleton horses can be tamed. Zombie Horses cannot.
- They do not burn in sunlight.
- In MCPE, skeleton spawn eggs were added in 0.15.0.
- Skeleton horses were added in 1.6, but skeleton traps were added in 1.9.
- Baby skeleton horses can spawn, too.
- They cannot be bred.