Wither Skeleton Jockeys are variants of Spider Jockeys that have only about 0.8% to 1% chance to spawn naturally in the Nether. They are Spiders being ridden by Wither Skeletons. They are even more dangerous than normal Spider Jockeys, because they can effect the player through the Wither Status Effect.
The player will also have a very small chance to spawn one with a spider spawn egg. However, to be able to spawn one, he/she must be in the Nether.
AttackWither Skeleton Jockeys attack once they see the player. If the Wither Skeleton touches him/her with its stone sword, he/she will automatically get effected with the wither status effect. Once he/she kills the Wither Skeleton, the Spider will start attacking the player.
It is the best strategy to use a Bow to fight a Wither Skeleton Jockey, as the player should not get close to them, so he/she won't get withered. However, an iron sword or above would kill easily Wither Skeleton Jockeys. It is also recommended to wear armor when fighting them.
These are the things the Wither Skeleton will drop when killed.
- 0-1 Coal
- 0-1 Bone
- 0-1 Wither Skeleton Head
- Stone Sword (rarely)
The Spider will drop 0-1 spider eyes when killed.
- Wither Skeletons can be spawned riding a Cave Spider, but this will happen only to MCPE.
- Wither Skeleton Jockeys might not be able to spawn in the overworld, but Spider Jockeys have a small chance to spawn in the Nether, since Skeletons have a chance to spawn there too.
- Wither Skeleton Jockeys were added to PE in Update 0.12.1. During this update the Wither Skeleton was also added.
- The Wither Skeleton has extremely low chances to spawn with armor.
- Spiders cannot spawn naturally at the Nether.